Monday, August 16, 2010
1984
This book was so interesting. This book presents a world of government control of everything from media to a persons own life. Makes you wonder what kind of person the author was to create such a twisted world. Not even the main character could turn the tide and help create a much need power change and over throw the government. This is the first fiction book I've read where that happened. The author I imagined wrote this book either as an insane person or as a warning for what he thought would happen soon after another wold war, since this book was written after world war II. this book is probably the most scary political take over imagined. While I read this book I could not help to imagine how depressing and frightening it would be to live in a society like this. Though this society seems like a mix between Stalinist Russia, Hitler Germany , and current China and Kora. However if you look at the time period that this book is written in , it is not surprising to see how George Orwell could have imagined such a place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment